Friday, July 6, 2012

Unusual hiatus from writing...haha

So, if someone in a grocery store walks up to you, like HUNTS you down in the store specifically, and hands you $20, what do you do?  This just happened to me...  Not only did the man who gave it to me look specifically for me, he passed a pregnant young lady without even giving her a glance, marched up to me, asked me how I was doing, and handed me a twenty.  Said he was sent by god to take care of me. 
Keep in mind, I'm not religious - If I was I wouldn't be writing the genre I have been lol.  I told him I couldn't accept his money, and he flat out ran from me.  I don't mean he walked away.  By ran, I mean he was running like the cops just found a body in his trunk.  I'm a smoker, and a mighty fine one at that.  *Debonair smile and wink before hacking a black lung into awaiting hands*  So, yeah...  The chances of me catching this 50something year-old guy?  Not happening.  27 and unhealthy as can be  ;D 
Which brings me to the next thought I had.  I'm 5' 7" and I weigh practically nothing.  110 lbs.  Basically if you take a pez dispenser and tack on a set of tits, that's me.  To make matters worse, none of my clothes really fit properly, they're sort of too big.  Add to that image now, that my face broke out in hives, lol, yeah we're getting attractive now aren't we?  And, lets not forget that I was just yelling at my friend to stop chucking shit in my carriage because I couldn't afford it. 

This man thought I was a charity case.  I don't know how to feel about that.  I was about to hand the $20 to the pregnant young lady until she approached me with a smug smile and outstretched hand and said, "If you don't want it, I'll sure as fuck take it."  I glanced at my 11 month old, while out shopping for my other son, who turns 8 at 2 am, and put it in my wallet instead.  Gonna be a bitch about it, I'm sure I can put it to better use than you can.  So, I figured it was my lucky day.  And then I dropped my gifted 20 into the feed the hungry box at my local supermarket.  And then ten more.  It's odd.  If not for that random good christian, I would've filed past that box using the excuse that we just spent too much on a birthday.  He hands me money, I hand it and some of my own to help out some local families.  Go figure. 

So, for now, I'm high on life.  That's extremely rare for me, by the way.  Usually I just sneer at people while I sit at my computer and drink deadly amounts of coffee, and write.  Back to work for me, an unusually content 27 year old pez dispenser with hives on her freaking face and two spoiled brats that are better than all the money in the world. 

Stephanie "Kaeli" Hart - hunted by the charitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment