Monday, March 4, 2013

Thoughts and junk

So, Smashwords is having a promotion to encourage people to read e-books - all of mine are enrolled.  I hate to admit that every time someone downloads Playing with Tigers or it's sequel I wince, because they are so much worse than the other stuff I have out, but the people who do review the series seem to like it... so I did well?

Anyway, I contacted Miss Fang for a new cover for Swordmaster Dasan, and I walked into a door when she sent me a sketch on my phone.  Gotta love the woman, she does great work and soooo fast haha
You'll all see shortly, I'm sure. 
She was the artist responsible for The Cat & the Crow, so I don't need to tell anyone who saw that how good it is.
She doesn't just do anime art, either.  I highly recommend her to anyone who needs a cover, genre and style aside, if she can't do it, she'll tell you, and if she can, it'll be fan-freaking-tastic.

Speaking of Kyo, the pain, I keep adding more to the third book.  Can't leave any unresolved issues and he has so many hahaha
To be fair, by the time Loki is done with what I had him put through, he has his share as well.  Perfect match if I ever imagined one. 

The complete tear-down and rewrite of Playing with Tigers is only at about ch20 on the first book, because it lacked a lot and I was done having that skeleton popping out of my closet and wagging it's stupid stupid head.  It's much better now though, haha.  Will be putting that up for free with the original cover when it's finished.  Sorry, I am not investing my cash into a cover for something I don't plan to charge for.  I just can't leave it as it is, especially with people requesting the third book on that series.  The writing is inconsistent as it is from the beginning to the end, just imagine how bad it will look in comparison to the third book when I get around to it.  No, I am not getting around to it yet.  Thinking about it, but not actively working on it. 

Kyo and my wolves are taking up too much time haha

I am trying not to rush with the last Swordmaster book, because patience is a virtue and I want to do it right the first time.  But, my god, it's hard.  I have so many versions that are complete and the temptation to just toss one up and be done with it is grating at me lol
I will try my hardest not to screw it up  *bow*

So, back to it for me. 
Anyone who has received a free copy of my work from smashwords - Please feel free to review to your heart's content.  I love feedback, in any form.  I admit that I check goodreads far more often, and if anyone wishes to contact me, that would be the best place to do so.  I'm not as bad as you probably think I am.  Probably.  *evil smile*

Happy hunting, and I hope that everyone is taking advantage of the opportunity at Smashwords.

~ S. K. <3






No comments:

Post a Comment