Monday, August 27, 2012

Playing with Tigers 2 at Smashwords

I'm happy to tell anyone that stumbles on here that I've published the sequel to Playing with Tigers at Smashwords.com and will be uploading it to Amazon near the end of the week.  As with all of my work, it's $0.99 - I won't charge more than the minimum because I know they need more editing than I can give them and I cannot afford a proper editor. 

I truly hope that anyone that enjoyed the first book will enjoy the second as well, and I do appreciate comments and ratings more than you can possibly know.  That includes the ones that tear my work apart.  They let me know what needs improvement, and since I have no intention of stopping with my dubious writing, I can always stand to get better.

If anyone is looking to contact me in a place where they won't be seen by the public (I understand that lol) then I have an account on Goodreads and can be reached by private messages there.  Despite what I put as my profile, I'm really not that mean.  Well, maybe to my characters, but that's rather the point I think. 

I write because I enjoy it.  I write fast and I write often.  That means I'm prone to make many errors.  As I discover them, I fix them.  Sadly the first edition of my books will probably always have typos in them.  By typos I don't mean misspells, I mean words that are just wrong.  Had a hilarious one the other day.  Was supposed to be "Rewarded with a smile"  but was actually "Retarded with a smile."  See what I mean?  One letter, which spell check won't find in a 400 page document, and it changes the meaning to something that had me smacking my face on my desk as I mocked myself.  Those are fun to locate.  At least I read all of my work even far after publishing, catch a new one every time, and sigh and chastise myself every time.  The amount that I had to alter in the first Playing with Tigers was overwhelming, and I'm not even finished weeding that mess.

I guess the only good news regarding that is that I can throw out a new book in no time.  The original Swordmaster Dasan was written in my spare time over 2 weeks.  Playing with Tigers; Broken...  That was written in one night, proofread the next, published the following morning.  I wrote two different stories for Playing with Tigers 2, then tore them apart, reworked them, wrote a draft, decided it was crap and did it again.  I really need to find another hobby to occupy myself I think, haha.  Technically, I'm sitting on 3 relatively finished books now, that I'm letting collect some dust because I just don't want to edit them.  The curse of writers with ADHD.  Passion in only one area, and the desire only to move forward with new work, regardless of how much more could be accomplished by sitting still for a moment.

In other news the Swordmaster Dasan story is coming along well.  Yes, I'm forcing myself to do it, because it's worth it.  Decided to rewrite it and use what I had only as a very good draft for reference purposes.  It doesn't pack enough punch for me.  A friend is working on a new cover for that, and I will be releasing a pack with the three bundled hopefully by Christmas (no promises on that though, the fall is hell for me).

Well, back to work for me.  I can be found on Steam for anyone who wants.  Just message me on Goodreads and if you don't seem too stalkerish, I'll give you my steam e-mail.  Love my games almost as much as I love my coffee.   Almost.


~ S. "Kaeli" Hart  - Twisted pervert.


No comments:

Post a Comment