Friday, July 5, 2013

Nine consecutive hours of sleep = IDDQD/Godly

After spending about three months working with only 4 hours of broken sleep, 9 hours in a row just feels like cheating, haha. Part one of Duncan has been finished (more or less), sent to proofreaders and returned with an overwhelming thumbs up and a few buckets of drool for part two, which I'll be working on all weekend. 

Funny thing - I can't think of an overall title, and nobody else apparently can either, haha.... oh what've I gotten myself into?

On a completely different note, I have the cover for Duncan here.  Sadly I cannot share until I think of a title for the book, because right now it's just an image and I don't want it stolen.

But don't leave yet - I do have a sketch done by yours truly, which a very amazing young woman cleaned up and colored for me.

Here's her cleaned up and very sexy Duncan:

I just want to make it clear how much work she did here, haha.  This was my original sketch.  It looks like someone rubbed ashes onto an envelope by comparison.  It wasn't just cleaned up, it was rebuilt lol

How's that for professionalism?

I don't ever do this, but anyone looking for a great line artist/color;
here's your chick -> http://crochetamommy.deviantart.com/  Which is also an address where anyone who likes it could let her know, because she doesn't seem to believe me, despite the mad cackle/gigglefit that I described for her when she sent me that.  I'll be sending her more of my drawings once I make them, and maybe doing comics because honestly...  my life is a damn strip comic lol.

Is it bad that I'm writing about an amputee with a prosthetic leg that he keeps having to put back together, while listening to a tetris theme remix?  Hmm. 

I've been helping the hottest woman alive with her story when I'm not working on Duncan so no work has gotten done on anything else, reference last post for updates there.  Between dying a 9 year old's head blue, rescuing a baby from the toilet (it got him by the ankle) and convincing my mother-in-law that the alleged man with telekenisis is probably not trying to breed an army to rid the city of minorities, I don't have time for much else.  I really wish that those had been jokes.  See why the comic would be super easy?  *sigh*

Anyway, off to work for me - As always I can be reached on Goodreads.com or here, and I thank you all for your continued support!

S. <3

1 comment:

  1. AWww... thank you so much!! i loved duncan! He was so much fun to read and work on!!

    ~hazel

    ReplyDelete